Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Looking for the Fueling Wing...

Posted by Lisa Laree to Beer Lahai Roi

I've sat down to the computer to write a post about 4 times in the last two days and did nothing but stare at a blank screen before closing it out.

I am poured out at the moment and can't seem to find any opportunity to refill.

See, we are migrating our data base at work and I am frantically trying to wrap my brain around the new system before it goes live.  I told more than one person today that I feel like I'm getting an Associate's Degree in 4 weeks.

So. Much. To. Learn.

So consequently anything that flittered around my brain as being a possible blog post sounded either worn out or whiny.

Neither of which makes for good content.

Yet, it is the simple truth that sometimes life is running full open and there's nothing you can do but try to keep up.  It happens to everyone at some point...usually again and again, in different ways.

I'm reminded of the refueling planes we often see doing training flights at the old, semi-decommissioned Grissom Air Base when we are driving through north central Indiana on our trips to see family.

What a concept...a plane on a mission in enemy territory gets refueled as it is flying.  It doesn't stop and land...it keeps heading towards the mission objective.

I'll tell ya what, that'll preach.

I don't need to be looking for a place to land and rest, but I need to look up to see the refreshing coming as I keep headed toward the goal...

If anyone serves, he should do it with the strength God provides - 1 Pet. 4:11

No comments:

Post a Comment