Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Verse 9 - Ps. 51:12

Posted by Lisa Laree to Beer Lahai Roi

May first already...wow.

Time for the next SSMT verse.

This time, I found a likely verse in one of my studies sometime last week and marked it so I could find it easily when today rolled around.

Problem was, when today rolled around I couldn't remember which one of the studies it was.  The Girls Only lessons?  The Friends lessons?  One of the other books I'd been reading?

Um.....

So I picked up my teacher manuals and skimmed through the last few lessons to see if, perhaps, the elusive verse was notably marked.

Um....

But, in the looking around I found myself taken in by another familiar scripture that hit me in a whole new way.

So.  The May 1st verse it is.

Restore to me the joy of your salvation and grant me a willing spirit to sustain me. - Ps 51:12, NIV 84

What hit me this time was the second half of the verse... grant me a willing spirit to sustain me. We have heard much about the first part of the verse, David's plea for restoration after his huge moral failure, but that second part does not get much press.

But read it over.  A willing spirit to sustain me.  A willing spirit to sustain me.  A willing spirit to sustain me.  Willing to follow, willing to obey, willing to serve...and the willingness is, of itself, a gift of grace.


If the joy of the Lord is my strength, then that gift of willingness in my own spirit is my endurance.

And I'd never seen it quite like that before.

No comments:

Post a Comment