Friday, December 9, 2011

Faithful Friday Faves - Titus

Posted by Lisa Laree to Beer Lahai Roi 

Wow.  Today's verse really grabbed me:

For the grace of God that brings salvation has appeared to all men.  It teaches us to say "No" to ungodliness and worldly passions, and to live self-controlled, upright and godly lives in this present age - Titus 2:11-12, NIV

In the midst of the not-ready-for-the-holiday chaos that I am finding myself in (and, despite the fact that I am not costuming a big production or working many hours on a big project at work, I am farther behind in my holiday preparations this year than I think I have ever been), I need to let the grace of God teach me to say 'No' to those things that are distractions.

 And then I need to be self-controlled enough to stick to that.

Thank God for His grace...

No comments:

Post a Comment