Friday, June 3, 2011

Faithful Friday Faves: Micah

Posted by Lisa Laree to Beer Lahai Roi

I was gonna go with one of the well-known selections from Micah today, but, as I read it through, what caught my eye really speaks to the 'I know I've screwed it up' feeling I've been living with of late:

Do not gloat over me, my enemy! Though I have fallen, I will rise. Though I sit in darkness, the LORD will be my light. Because I have sinned against him, I will bear the LORD's wrath, until he pleads my case and establishes my right. He will bring me out into the light; I will see his righteousness - Mic. 7:8 - 9

No, I'm not talking about gross, horrible sin. I'm talking about a daily selfishness...a lack of discipline...an unfocused spirit...that is keeping me from my Bible and my journal and my quiet seeking time. I am frustrated with it even while I seem to not be disturbed enough to do something about it.

Which frustrates me more.

And yet...I know this is a season. I'm not sure what it is a season of, but it is a season. If I can't discipline myself, God is faithful and He will discipline me.

True discipline may be painful, but it is a growth process and I am determined not to flinch from it.

I *will* see his righteousness!

No comments:

Post a Comment