Saturday, April 23, 2011

Three Years

Somehow, it seems like it's been more than three years since I Stepped Out into writing at Beer Lahai Roi. So much has happened...notably, I went from being an at-home mom to being a very part-time office odd-job person to being in charge of maintaining the data for the church data base and struggling to keep to no more than a 20 hour work week. Not to mention the two Girls' Ministries classes I teach on a weekly basis.

I can go back now and read some of those early posts and feel like I'm reading someone else's writing. Weird. But, I suppose in a way I am.

Still. I read the first year's postings and realize that I am not writing on that level now. That bothers me. Not so much that I want to write great posts...of course, I do, but I'm missing the revelation that leads to great posts. That pretty much comes from thinking and pondering and studying and praying and THEN writing...usually first in the journal and then, after more processing, in a blog post. I'm missing the writing step. If I don't write it down, I feel like I lose something.

In several recent posts, I've seen something like I've got some things to write about that I learned during [the fast, the conference, my study time, whatever] I'll write about that later.

Only later didn't happen. And now I'm not sure what I had in my spirit to say. I lost it. And that's not good.

So...I need to be more aware of what I'm hearing and more intentional about recording it. Not just for the blog, you know. For me. For growth.

And, having said all of that, I have to say how incredibly grateful I am for those of you who have stuck with me here for the last 3 years. You bless me more than you know when Sitemeter tells me folks have been by. Some I know by the location...some of you I really don't know. But I see some of the same places repeating so I know you're there. I'm humbled that folks would come by here; from the innermost part of my heart...thank you.

3 comments:

  1. Has it been three years?!? Really?!? I remember when you started this blog. I'm still enjoying it, even if I don't comment - keep posting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ditto! Thank you.

    ReplyDelete