Friday, March 4, 2011

Faithful Friday Faves - Ecclesiastes

Posted By Lisa Laree to Beer Lahai Roi

I'm reminded that, when I set out to do this little survey, I mentioned that the verses might not be the most spiritually profound...just a selection from the book that means something to me.

Ecclesiastes has some marvelous moments in it, it's true, but there is an overriding cynicism that usually leaves me feeling rather melancholy after studying it. I kind of think that cynicism is the inevitable result of someone trying to live a religious life, as opposed to living in a relationship w/ God, while pursuing success in the secular society, but I'm not going to go into that today.

As I was skimming through, I found a verse that always makes me smile...not because of what the verse actually says, but just because of the double meaning it has in our society today. It's a proverb, stuck amongst several other proverbs, so there's no real context to grasp what Solomon was really talking about.

I'll just post it without comment...you can draw your own conclusions.

The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left. - Ecc. 10:2

No comments:

Post a Comment