Monday, November 8, 2010

Movie Musings: TRON (1982)

Just did something with the family that I haven't done in I can't remember how long...we actually all sat down and watched a movie.

A pretty old video, actually, dating from many many moons ago when we actually were cable subscribers.

It was Disney's 1982 TRON. The Princess's Beau had never seen it.

I, on the other hand, well remember being dazzled in a theater by it.

But, you know, the Gospel is in that movie.

Leave Flynn's lack of plan aside for the moment and consider:

The Creator takes on the form of His Creation and leaves his place of power to interact with His Creation

Evil forces rampant in the Creation recognize him immediately and try to destroy him.

Ultimately, he sacrifices himself in order to defeat the evil and restore communication/communion between the creator and the creation.

Yeah, I know, it's a stretch.

But it's there.

I don't necessarily think the sequel coming out next month will continue that train of thought, but I've thought that was cool ever since I figured out the similarity about the same time the movie ran on the Disney Channel...

No comments:

Post a Comment