Friday, May 7, 2010

Trying to focus...

I have a nice little purse camera that I got for Christmas. It automatically picks out what it will focus on; I don't have to adjust anything. Point and shoot. Simple.

The only problem is that sometimes I have a hard time getting the camera to focus on the thing I'm actually trying to photograph. I keep clicking the shutter button lightly, trying to get it to put the little square on the face or the bird or the detail...and it keeps suggesting other things. Now I know the camera probably knows more about getting pictures than I do, but I really don't appreciate that it refuses to focus on the thing I'm trying to get it to focus on.

Y'know, right now I feel rather like my camera...and God keeps tapping that button. Because I have a number of things I'm trying to focus on, none of which are the thing HE wants me to focus on. Somehow, I seem to think I know what needs focusing, what needs attention, and I forget to check w/Papa.

No wonder life gets blurry.

Methinks I need to spend some time with my camera manual...but first I need to pull out God's Manual and have some time there...

If I don't get a chance to post again before Sunday, Happy Mother's day to everyone who's raised kids, mentored kids, prayed for kids, or loved a kid! Great is your reward in heaven...

No comments:

Post a Comment