Wednesday, May 19, 2010

RD - The One Thing List

How does Linda keep coming up with these? Click the link to see other posts or link your own!


1. What is one really fast, know-by-heart "go-to" meal to fix in a pinch?
chicken/broccoli casserole, baby carrots, deli bread and brownies. That's usually the 'carry in' meal if I have to take food to someone.

2. What is one item you won't leave home without. (Purse and license do not count.)
I'd say 'cell phone', but I have walked out without it too many times. Given my rather forgetful nature, I'm not sure there's anything I wouldn't leave home without...INCLUDING purse and license (yep - left those at home more than once, too). Sad, no?

3. Where is one place you never tire of visiting?
Turkey Run State Park, Marshall, IN. Or the beach.

4. Share one factoid of your family's history.
My brother farms the same ground my grandfather farmed; it's one of the 'Hundred Year Hoosier Farms', or something like that. It's been in the family for over a hundred years. My grandad built every building on that farm himself...except for the new house that my brother had built about 10 years ago...from lumber milled from the trees on the farm.

5. Complete this sentence: "Once upon a time I ...."
...wrote a play. Now I don't know what to do with it.

6. If you could win a one year's supply of anything, what would it be?
either meat or gasoline. Either one would free up a sizable chunk of the family budget.

7. "One quirky thing you may not know about me is ...."
I can wiggle my ears

8. You have one dollar in your pocket. What will you buy?
A two-pack of Reese's Cups, and I'll save the change.

9. "One thing that always makes me laugh is ...."
The Muppet Show

10. What is one thing you could do today to help yourself reach a personal goal?
Eat according to plan. Which means I won't be spending my dollar.

11. What is one thing you could do today to bless someone else?
It would please my hubby if I cleaned off the bathroom counter.

12. What is one thing you're looking forward to soon?
The last day of school. This year's been rough; I'm ready for a break. Even though the part time job diminishes the break somewhat...at least the mornings will not be so hectic!

3 comments:

  1. Love Reese's. Now tell us--do you eat them slowly and savor every bite or do you pop the whole thing into your mouth? I've been known to do both--depending on how long I've gone without chocolate!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will be looking for you and your ears tonight - LOL !!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with you on #2~

    and I think your number 4 is the coolest one I've read! Wow! What a great legacy!

    ReplyDelete