Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Random Dozen...Goin' deep....



More randomness....

1. Define a great relationship.
Wow, nothin' like jumping right into the deep end. Are we talking friends here? Or the Love of a Lifetime? Or the relationship between Saved and Saviour? 'Cause I'm not sure one size fits all here... I'm gonna take the easy route and talk about friends. A great relationship is one in which there is no judgment, lots of laughter, open ears and closed mouths, and intentional maintenance.

That's pretty pitiful, but I haven't had any coffee yet.

2. Why is it called a "drive-through" if you have to stop? (Real question: What was the last food/drink you purchased at a drive-through?)
Answer to the first question: For the same reason we drive on a parkway and park in the driveway. Answer to the real question...and this is the absolute honest truth...I can't *remember* the last time I purchased something at a drive-through. It's been months...maybe even over a year...

3. As I type this, the Butler Bulldogs are getting ready to play in the NCAA championship game. Every Hoosier is hysterical about this except me. So in honor of the Bulldogs ... what is your favorite breed of dog? (I tried.)
I was pulling for Butler too! Sooo close.... anyway, I am *so* not a dog person, so I'd have to say my favorite dog is the underdog. Like Butler.

4. If you had to move to a state besides the one you currently live in, where would you move?
I'd probably be back home again in Indiana...

5. If you could change anything about the way you were raised, what would it be?
My mother reads this blog. How can I answer that one?

6. Who's the funniest person you know?
Pastor Pat Aube...our College/Career Pastor.

7. Did you get enough sleep last night?
Our windows were open and the blinds caught the breeze all night...since we've just opened the windows, I'm not adjusted to that yet. So, nope, I'm sleepy...

8. What's the first thing you thought about this morning?
Ripping the blinds off the window....

9. Grilled or Fried? --HONESTLY
Depends. Grilled steak...fried chicken.

10. Are you afraid of the dark?
Isn't everybody, deep down? At the very least I'm afraid I'll step on or in something or run into something. Just yesterday, while passing through the dimmer portion of the semi-lighted sanctuary on my way to staff prayer, I reached down to grab a Kleenex from a box on the floor and smashed my face into the back of a chair that I didn't see. Had a slightly fat lip the rest of the day... so, yeah, my klutziness keeps me a little uneasy in the dark.

11.When you were a kid, what did you want to be when you grew up?
What profession did I want? Oh, I wanted to be the person who made ice cream cones at the Dairy Bar (I actually did that for 3 summers as a teen), I wanted to be an ice skater, I wanted to be a teacher, I wanted to be a writer, I wanted to be an actress, I wanted to be an astronomer, I wanted to be a high school band director.... What did I consistently want to be through all of that? A mommy.

12. If you had one word to describe yourself, what would you choose?
Supercalifragilisticexpialadocious

4 comments:

  1. You had great answers! I loved #8 : )

    Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. #4: Awwww. I bet you are the only person who answered "Indiana." very sweet. Now what is wrong with you! Ha ha. Your sweetness comes shining through your posts. Thanks for playing this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bet I'm the only person who answered 'Indiana', too!! Gotta go with the roots...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoyed reading your answers. I lol'd at the 'ripping the blinds off the window' and I'm sorry I sort of lol'd at you banging your head reaching down for a kleenex (only because that's the sort of thing I would do - I'm very clumsy).

    ReplyDelete