Saturday, April 17, 2010

No Words

I think most of the folks who come by here link in from the sewing blog, but for the few folks who land here from other places, I want to share something I've only briefly mentioned here but posted about over on Sew Random.

I have a sewing buddy that I first met via the internet, then met in person at the Atlanta Sewing Expo, and consequently learned that she grew up in The Rocket City and I've actually had lunch with her a time or two when she's been here visiting family.

Shannon Gifford is not just a sewing buddy, though...she is a gifted instructor, having published a wonderful newsletter full of instructions and tips, written fabric handling guides for one of my favorite online vendors, and even had several articles published in Threads magazine.

Since last...May?...she has been fighting a vicious foe, sarcoma, and the doctors have recently stopped treatment as the cancer is not responding, but continues to grow.

That is devastating news. I really don't have words for it.

But I want to point anyone who is here to the blog she and her husband have been posting...A Couple Copes With Conquers Cancer. The faith that they have absolutely glows through what they've written.

And Shannon's husband, Mike, writes the most amazing posts. My heart aches for them in this time, but I am in awe of the love and faith that is reflected in the blog posts.

Go read them, if you have time. I guarantee a blessing.

No comments:

Post a Comment