Monday, March 29, 2010

He's in the Little Stuff

I've been meaning to put this story down and just now got a chance to do it...

Last Wednesday, our boys and girls ministries all met in the children's sanctuary at the close of service; there's a fundraiser challenge going on. After the meeting, one of the Ranger boys walked around the room asking people about a red soft-sided lunchbox-type bag he'd found...it did have a name on it, but no one was left who recognized the name. I looked at it and thought I might go get on my computer in my office (at the other end of the building) to see if I could find the name in our data base, but, well, it was a long evening and I still had clean up to do and I forgot.

Thursday morning, when I logged into the computer I saw a message from the data base company about updates to our check-in system, so I went looking for one of the ladies who works in the nursery area to see if they'd seen the message. She wasn't in her office, but I found her in the nursery check-in area, with our other preschool ministry assistant.

While I was talking to them, a lady came to the parking lot door of the pre-school area. She was in a UPS uniform, so I thought perhaps she'd just gone to the wrong door. I opened the door and she asked if anyone had seen a red bag that her son had left the night before. I'd seen it, of course, but I had no idea what the boy who'd had it did with it. The ladies looked in the nursery lost-and-found; it wasn't there. Since I'd seen it, I offered to go look in the regular lost-and-found....so I went down to the usher room off the sanctuary and looked, but it wasn't there. I walked into the children's sanctuary area, but it was dark; none of the children's staff were in. But, there on the check in desk was the red bag from Wednesday night. So I grabbed it and headed back down to the nursery with it and gave it to our UPS lady, who was greatly relieved to have it back.

Then it hit me...of all the folks on staff who were at church Thursday morning, I was the only one who had seen the red bag and knew what it looked like... and I just *happened* to be in the nursery when the lady came to the door, so I could go where I'd seen it and so find it for her.

That's the kind of stuff God does.

No comments:

Post a Comment