Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Random Dozen, Olympic Style

I decided, oh, long 'bout Sunday, that I'd do Linda's Random Dozen Meme this week. Sort of an instant blog post, if you will.

But, given the fact that I haven't turned the TV on once all week, I do feel a little hypocritical in talking about the Olympics. At least she didn't ask any questions about the current competition...

1. If you could compete in one Olympic event (not necessarily winter sports) what would it be?
I've always *loved* figure skating, despite the fact that I have the balance,flexibility and grace of a landlocked sea turtle. Not to mention that I'm scared of heights and going fast on slick surfaces. But, yeah, I wish I were a graceful skater.

2. Do you remember a specific Olympic moment from the past?
I remember lots of Olympic moments, but the one that comes to mind first would be the definitive Olympic moment of 1996, when Keri Strug stuck that second vault with a torn up ankle. And I hope I remembered how to spell her name.

3. Have you ever known anyone who competed in the Olympics?
I don't *think* so.

4. If everyday activities were Olympic-worthy, which activity would you have a gold medal in?
The Procrastination Dash...how long can I put things off and still get them done on time?

5. Do you know anything about your ethnic heritage?
Somewhat. Scotch/Irish/English mostly.

6. Do you enjoy sleeping late?
Of course! That's the chief training for Number 4. But at my house, 'late' means past 6 AM.

7. Have you ever performed CPR on anyone? Do you know how? (Yes, that's two, I know. Whatevs.)
A) No. And I'd really like to keep it that way because B)my CPR certification is about 25 years out of date.

8. Name one country you'd like to visit and explain why.
I tend to get sick on airplanes, so my inclination to travel is understandably limited. But if I could get there without embarrassing myself, I'd love to visit Ireland. Back to my roots and all (see number 5).

9. Have you ever fixed up a couple romantically?
Um, I don't think so.

10. What is the last book you read?
I can't believe I'm having a hard time answering this. Me, the one known to get into trouble for reading when I should be doing other things ever since I learned how. It's what I do best. And yet...when did I last sit down with a book? thinking...thinking...um, I think it was Prophetic Evangelism by Sean Smith.


11. Do you enjoy sleeping late? NO, YOU write the question! How's that for random??
Ok, here's my question: Thin Mints or Trefoils? Trefoils

12. What is your favorite meal at your favorite restaurant?
At this moment, it would be Penne Rustica at Macaroni Grill. With a breakfast of beef biscuits and gravy at Das Dutchman Essenhaus in Middlebury, IN a close second ;)

5 comments:

  1. Someday, God willing, I want to meet you! We have much in common. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoyed your fun answers! Several ladies mentioned the procrastination, good answer, I am good at that too! I like the figure skating also. And don't feel bad I have not watched much of it this week either.

    until next time... nel

    ReplyDelete
  3. #8-Dramamine is my friend. I lived overseas for a while so had no choice but to fly.

    #11- that's a tough one. Trefoils if I have a cup of tea. Thin mints if I just need to have some chocolate. I love them right out of the freezer. My real favorite though is samoas.

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your answers totally made me laugh!

    You can send your Thin Mints to me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now, I didn't say I don't *like* Thin Mints...just that, if I had to chose between them, Trefoils would win. And I can't tell you why...

    ReplyDelete