Saturday, February 6, 2010

Publish Post

One thing about letting myself *not* blog daily...it gets way too easy to not blog at all.

Which probably isn't a world-altering crisis, but I've discovered that the less I blog, the less I think critically about life. I let myself slide on too many levels.

I sit at the screen, all mushy-minded, trying to think of a topic about which I could write intelligently. Then, before I realize it, I find myself closing the window, without writing anything. It's suddenly just too much effort to think coherently.

That *is* bad. Regardless of whether or not anyone reads what I write, I need to write it, for the sheer exercise of it. Because practicing the art of communicating is necessary.

So. I got out of the blogging routine...I need to get back into the blogging routine.

Not because you, my faithful few readers, are hanging onto every word that comes from my keyboard, but because I need to hold myself accountable for the standards by which I live my life.

Somehow, knowing I will be blogging about an issue tends to keep my perspective on it a little more objective.

And I have started to erase this whole post about three times; each time, I realize that erasing it would be falling back into the shell.

Not gonna do that. So...'Publish Post'

1 comment:

  1. Alana! I think I hit the wrong button... your comment went away! *egg on face*

    It was good; I wanted to reply but now it won't make sense.

    D'ya wanna repost?

    ReplyDelete