Saturday, January 2, 2010

Welcome to Twenty-Ten

The year that wraps up the first decade of the twenty-first century. Hard to believe it's been ten years since we all breathed a sigh of relief that the Y2K bug didn't crash all the computers and bring down civilization...

But that's really not what I want to blog about.

My three watchwords for 2009 were 'Trust - Time - Sphere'.

That second one, 'Time', was supposed to be about me minding my minutes; paying attention to how I was spending each one.

I really didn't do so good at that.

I wish I had some lovely things to write and say, but the plain truth is that the last three months have been so much of a blur that I only know that the Holy Spirit has been knocking on the door and I haven't had even a minute to see what He wants.

And, along with this frustration with my time management, tomorrow begins our annual New Year's Fast at church (see my notes about fasting from last year on the sidebar... "A Slow Look at Fasting").

So. Along with the regular food-fasting, I'm adding another level to the fast: I'm going to stay off the Internet for the next three weeks. The third week of January would be my normal 'Net break anyway, so I'm just adding two weeks to it.

It's time to do a little soul-searching for some direction. Right now, I feel like the ball on the pinball board...bouncing around, moving a lot, but only reacting to events,not moving with purpose.

I do know that I want to get this blog back on the Bible-study track; I haven't done a study in about six months. So I need a direction for that.

So...I'm going to use my minutes a little more wisely and see what the Spirit is trying to say.

Happy New Year to everyone...I'll see you in three weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment