Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Time Elapsed: 30 minutes

Three months. It's been three months since I said I wanted to accept the ten-hour challenge. And, while I've spent time reading and studying, I haven't really sat down and said, 'Lord, I'm listening.'

Hadn't spent 10 minutes trying to listen to God talk to me about His plans for me.

So, finally, Monday I managed to tear myself away from the pile of unfinished and behind work and carry my Bible down to the sanctuary for 30 minutes of listening during lunchtime.

I wasn't sure where to start; because I was in Isaiah in my read-the-Bible-through effort,I read Isaiah 41-50.

That's an incredibly encouraging passage...over and over again, God compares Himself to man-made idols. And over and over again, the difference is obvious:

We serve a God who acts when called upon. One who has a plan and a purpose that we can fulfill, if we'll only trust and follow Him.

And that's a good place to start.

No comments:

Post a Comment