Sunday, September 13, 2009

SHE: The Battleground Reflections

This COULD go for pages and pages, you know...

Or maybe I'll just split it up into different posts and make this the Topic of the Week. Yeah, that's it.

Thursday night leaders meeting was a bit of a training session. Since we were to be working the altars during the conference ministering to women, we first ministered to each other. I'm not going to go into details, but I will say that what I heard from the lady who was my 'practice partner', and whom I knew by face and name only, was a tremendous encouragement to me. She spoke to me in terms that applied directly to a dream of mine, one that I was beginning to think was just something I'd wasted time on...indulging my whims rather than following God. There was no way she could've known anything about it...in fact, she rather couched the words in phrases to make them less specific than they were, because they sounded odd to her. But they made sense to me.

Now, to be sure, I don't know anything more about timing or even ultimately if that dream will ever come to any kind of fruition. But I wouldn't have heard the words I heard if God didn't have a purpose for the writing of it.

My heart was encouraged. And if I'd heard nothing else all weekend that moved me, that would have been enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment