Thursday, September 17, 2009

SHE: The Battleground Reflections (5)

I have a son who must get on the computer momentarily to finish homework (essay writing!), so my evening reflections will be brief.

At the end of Saturday morning's general session, in which Susan Dyer spoke of having an encounter with God, all the leadership ladies were called to the front to pray for folks.

But, knowing what was going on in my heart, that I had very recently identified two very large issues that were ongoing battles, I didn't feel competent to pray for anyone. And, the moment the release was given to ask for prayer, I scooted down the line a bit and asked Mama Lela to pray for me.

Oh...if only I could accurately describe Mama Lela. This lady ministers to people in the highest and lowest place in our city and she treats them all exactly the same. She absolutely loves people without condition and without reservation. I probably squalled on her shoulder for a good 10 minutes. And it was ok. She prayed over me, she exhorted me, she encouraged me, and most of all she just gave me a good Mama Lela hug.

And if I hadn't had anyone else ask me if I was ok for the whole weekend, that would have been enough. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment