Saturday, August 1, 2009

Squeezing another thing on the plate....

Up till now, our Missionettes program at church has only gone through grade 8. We have Royal Ranger classes available for boys through high school, but for one reason or another we have not been able to get the class for the older girls ('Girls Only') going.

Which meant that we could not have any girls who could persevere in the program and earn the Gold Medal.

That's changing. But it looks like I'm going to be the one teaching not only the Friends (middle-school) class on Wednesdays, but also the high school class on Sunday mornings.

Sounds like a lot, but back in the day I used to teach youth Sunday School, then a different lesson for youth group on Wednesday night, so this will not be so far out of my experience. I can do it for a while...and hopefully we'll have someone step forward at some point pretty soon to take one class or the other.

We're starting the new class on August 9. Right now, I know I will have one student, although there may be others once word gets out that we're doing it.

The girls ought to have the chance to complete the program. Now, they will.

No comments:

Post a Comment