Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Trading Days

The very thing we tried to avoid is exactly what happened today.

It's a long story so I'm not going into details. I'll just say that we went to a lot of trouble to allow The Princess to drive to Indiana to visit her grandparents in *her* car: she bought car #2 from us and we used the money to purchase another well-used vehicle, so we'd still have two cars while she was gone. 'Well-used' because we have one 21-year old son to insure now, and a sixteen year old son who will soon be getting a driver's license to insure in the near future and we wanted the lowest insurance rate we could get.

The well-used car was thoroughly serviced, to the tune of almost half again what we paid for it, and deemed good enough. But we got a good deal on the purchase price, so we were ok.

Then the alternator died yesterday. So the second car is back in the shop (not talking about the cost of THAT repair)and we have one vehicle for three drivers...exactly the scenario we were trying to avoid.

The Artist got a job and had to go to work on the other side of the county at 7 AM. My Sweet Baboo had a breakfast meeting at 6 AM and will need to pick up the finally repaired car at some point, not to mention that his office is also on the other side of the county...the plans we were devising to get everyone where we needed when we needed to be there were getting ludicrous.

So, I switched my regular workday with my day off. Just made life a lot easier. But I had to laugh. The best laid plans o' mice and men and all that, you know...

1 comment:

  1. Ouch! Sounds like y'all might be having a mad scramble at your house. BTW, I enjoyed the study on James. I love that book of the Bible.

    ReplyDelete