Thursday, June 25, 2009

Certainties of Life

(posted by Lisa Laree to Beer Lahai Roi)

...y'know...taxes and...death.

By and large, I don't comment on public figures in the news. I figure there are so many bloggers out there talking about this stuff that there's not really much point in me offering my two cents worth; someone else very likely has already said it better.

And that's an arena in which I really don't care to compete.

But. Y'all. These were icons from my coming of age years. In just a precious few weeks, I'll hit the big 5-0 myself.

Suddenly a whole generation is dealing with its mortality.

What are we who believe going to tell them? More to the point, what are our daily lives telling them about our hope and our assurance?

Cause, you know, they're going to be asking...whether they use words or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment