Monday, May 11, 2009

Jubilee Monday #36

Posted by Lisa Laree to Beer Lahai Roi

I have exactly two months left in the Jubilee year, and I'm wondering how much of the needed change that I have identified in the past ten months will really get implemented in the remaining time.

Over and over in the past few weeks, I've been encountering the concept that I've got to move up to a new level in many ways.

Today, that was sort of confirmed by a word one of the associate pastors gave the staff in a meeting (have I said yet how amazed I am that I have a job in my church? And what an incredible place it is to serve? I'm just speaking for myself, but I got *taught* in the two most recent staff meetings...wow...anyway...). The word was something God spoke to him, but it caused sympathetic vibrations in my spirit too.

You will not get away with what you have gotten away with in the past.

Lack of focus and self-discipline; frittering away precious time; being selfish in my choices. It's gotta go.

Procrastinating away that time with Him...that's gotta stop.

I've gotten away with some rather sloppy stuff; but I think The Time Has Come for it to change.

Not at once. Babysteps. But it's gotta start now.

No comments:

Post a Comment