Monday, May 4, 2009

Jubilee Monday #35: Self-Analysis.

Confession: I've forgotten how to discipline myself. I'm not sure how it happened...maybe it's from working under a deadline that consumed all resources so many different times...stuff got behind and then, when the deadline passed, I didn't have the energy to put into getting things caught up. In the relief of 'making it', all the focus I'd used to meet the deadline just kind of dissipated for a while. When I'd caught my breath enough to refocus, another deadline loomed and the whole process began again. So things got more behind.

I know, I know. Flylady's emails have been arriving with regularity in my inbox. And, since the first of March, when the job and the costuming both hit at once, I started deleting them unread. I didn't have time to read them, and I couldn't do what they said.

Now, it's time to pay the fiddler. I have out of town company arriving Saturday and...well, it's CHAOS.

I have a plan to at least make things presentable...my question to myself is, do I have enough self-discipline to stick to the plan?

Answer: probably not. I know myself very well.

That's why I need God's grace. I don't have the self-determination...but He does.

So, I'm relying on Him this week. And I *will* find a way to implement those routines! Eventually....

No comments:

Post a Comment