Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Friends Last Week: Integrity Lesson 5


Thought I'd post about the object lesson...

I scanned a tape measure, then cropped the scan down to 6" so I had a little 6" ruler.

Then I played with it...shrank it, stretched it, printing out each iteration on card stock.

I then put the girls in teams, with a list of things to measure, and gave each team one of the little rulers. My teaching buddies used the original tape measure to record the actual measurements of things like the height of the table, the width of the door, the length of a dry erase marker...stuff like that.

When they were finished, there was, as you'd expect, a wide range of measurements for each one of the items...and none of them matched the tape measurement.

Then I handed them the tape measure and had them check their little ruler against it. They were astonished that, even though they *looked* right, those standards were corrupted.

Our standard is, of course, the Bible. Point being that we cannot allow popular opinions about God and faith determine what we believe...we have to go back to the original standard.

It was a cool lesson. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment