Tuesday, April 28, 2009

A Year at Beer Lahai Roi

Actually, the true blogiversary was last week, while I was on the blogging break.

Sure has gone by fast.

I started the blog with the idea that I'd use it primarily for Bible study...to push myself to study as if I were teaching, then teach. And I have done some of that, although, except for the study of Ruth, none of those studies have been what I thought I'd do.

And, I'll be honest, there's not a lot of y'all reading these things. Unless there are a bunch of feed subscribers that don't show up on Sitemeter.

According to that ever-present snoop, I have three regular readers...Miriam, Terri and my mother. There are a few others that drop in from time to time, and I usually have one or two folks who drop by after searching for information on 'Beer Lahai Roi'.

Now, I'm really not all about the numbers. I taught in a small church for years, and maintain that one student deserves the same amount of effort to teach as a roomful. So don't think I'm not delighted that I've got three who come by regularly. Three was an average class for me. Really.

But, as a blogiversary celebration, I'm going to do a roll call. Just leave a comment...who you are and how you found BLR. Just because it's nice to know if I'm really talking to more than three people.

And if it's, say, six, well, six is a good class too. And that way you'll all know one another. ;)

5 comments:

  1. Girl, you know I read almost every day. I need to start following you though. Ooh...that sounds stalkerish...you know what I mean. I think you already know how I found your site.
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  2. Even though you listed me, I checking in! I found you through your sewing blog which I found through someone else's sewing blog. I was intrigued, nudged and fed by what you were writing, thinking and studying. So I kept coming back for more.

    Thank you for the past year. I have grown spiritually partly because you have chosen to "listen" as to what to blog. It is almost always something that I am pondering at the same time!

    Blessings my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok, Meredith, so *you're* the 'unknown ISP' who checks in from Facebook! I wondered who that was...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm here! I found you through Gorgeous Things' blog, which led me to Sew Random. then I saw the word "Beer"... and found some true nourishment!
    Thank you for all your sharing, truly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm here. I read your posts through my reader, so I may or may not show up on your radar screen.

    Has it been a year already? I guess so, because I remember the first few times looking at this blog on my laptop in my science lab at school. Seems like a long time ago, now.

    ReplyDelete