Monday, April 6, 2009

Jubilee Monday # 32 - I'm Not Doing This Right

Crawling home from a night of costume sewing, it hit me...I'm not doing this Jubilee thing right at all.

It's supposed to be a year of rest. If I were doing it right, I would tell people who want my volunteer hours that this is my year 'off.'

I would take a sabbatical from all non-essential duties and spend time tending to business at home and seeking God.

Funny that I just now realized this...with just about 3 months left in the year.

Not to mention already committed up to my eyeballs in stuff.

The High School Musical is hitting crunch time; there will be late night rehearsals (and late night sewing) for the next two weeks...IOW, it's going to get a whole lot worse before it gets any better.

But, I've only got to get through the next two weeks. I've got an out-of-town trip the second weekend of performances, so anything that needs doing for those shows will have to be done by someone else.

It's time for Wellington Boone's Kingmaker's Conference, and, if all goes according to plan, I will be there. That was a pivotal event for me last year; I'm looking forward to getting away for it again.

It's my reward for persevering through the costume crunch... ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment