Friday, February 20, 2009

Sewing and Growing

If you're reading the sewing blog, you know I've been working frantically on a personal costume project for one of our pastors at church. There is a method to my madness - I'm counting on him to wear it if we ever need a character dressed in that period in a church production, so it's not totally being done just out of the Goodness of My Heart. ;) Just kidding. These folks have worked hard and patiently training my kids in ministry and I'm glad to be able to repay a little of that investment.

But the truth is it has been good for me to have a seriously focused sewing project. We have a stack of sermon CD's (we are 'Message of the Month' subscribers to a ministry that has been feeding us for YEARS) and I've got a little CD player by the sewing machine, so while I'm pinning, sewing, (and, um, un-sewing and repinning) trimming, pressing, etc., I've got some spiritual teaching going in as well.

I've listened to some really good stuff this week; I could feel some mental and spiritual gears shifting as I listened. One message in particular was about worship; I think I'm going to go back and listen to that again today.

Since I'll be pretty much just sitting in the rocking chair with a needle and thread sewing the lining in the coat....

No comments:

Post a Comment