Friday, January 9, 2009

Crystalizing Carbon

Posted by Lisa Laree to Beer Lahai Roi

I pulled this off my hard drive, mostly because I need to be reminded of it. I don't remember when the revelation hit me, other than it was in a (I think early morning)prayer meeting at church sometime in the past 5 years.

It is heat and pressure that turns a lump of coal into a diamond. When the weight and fiery heat of God’s glory truly comes upon us, we will be transformed. The crystallization process actually puts the carbon atoms into order, just as God puts our hearts and minds into order as we are transformed into His likeness and become ‘living stones’. I think the thing that struck me the most, though, is that a diamond really isn’t beautiful in and of itself; it is beautiful because of the light that passes through it. Cut and ground into the proper shape, it will maximize the light flowing through it and reflecting from it. A really beautiful diamond is almost invisible, due to the dazzling effect of the light.

We have two processes to undergo…the transformation and then the cutting/grinding/polishing…in order to allow that dazzling light to be visible.


I don't know if My Sweet Baboo and I are being heated and pressured into transformation, or if we're being cut and ground...

No comments:

Post a Comment