Friday, October 3, 2008

Flashback Friday #16 - Whose Idea of Fun?

Posted by Lisa Laree to Beer Lahai Roi

Here's another one from the 'Mommy Pages' of my journals. It's dated Sept. 25, 1996, and the children involved are The Actor, then age 3, and the Flute Player, then 2 months old.

I took [the baby] to the Dr. yesterday for her 2-month check up...she got her first DPT and Polio shots. She fussed through the exam, and screamed when she got the shots. [Her brother] had had me read several books to him while we waited, then explored the exam room while she was getting her exam.

The nurse inadvertently grabbed three 'Pocahontas' bandaids, so she gave the extra one to
[him], and, when he decided for some reason that he had to wash his hands, held him up to the sink so that he could. When I finally had [the baby] settled down and was kneeling on the floor buckling her into the car seat/carrier, [he] walked up to me and said, 'We had fun here, didn't we?'

I couldn't help myself...I started laughing (probably almost hysterically).

Then he patted my back and said, "Don't worry...I was just kidding."

No comments:

Post a Comment