Tuesday, September 16, 2008

SHE Reflections


Every year, the women's conference is different from any previous conference. The tone is different, and it does different things in my spirit.

And I usually have to ponder and meditate for a while to fully understand what is going on.

Susan Beemer spoke about being 'Brave Enough to be Whole'...and used the woman with the issue of blood as the illustration.

Pastor Jenny Enyinda (our Jr. High Pastor) brought the house down Friday night, speaking of 'Unforgettable Boldness' -- as demonstrated by Mary of Bethany, whose bold anointing of the feet of Jesus was recorded and still spoken of even today.

Susan Dyer, who changed her schedule at the last minute to come in place of DeLynn Rizzo (DeLynn and her husband are pastors of Healing Place church in Baton Rouge, LA and were still involved in hurricane recovery; our offerings at the conference went to them), spoke on Indescribable, Incomparable Beauty...the beauty of God that will rest on us if we allow it, breaking the mantle of victimization which allows others to define us. (an aside...Susan Dyer has spoken at several of our women's conferences; she's an extremely focused, extremely disciplined lady who does not appear to have a shred of fear anywhere. I wish I could spend a week with her; I don't think my many insecurities and fears could handle being that close to No Fear. I don't know if there'd be much left of me after that week, but all the dross would be gone!)

Pastor Leisa spoke Saturday night about Becoming a Warrior (yes, 'becoming' the verb, not the adjective ;) ). She spoke of leading and following, of women who became what God called them to be regardless of age, social standing, or circumstances.

I have a bunch of nuggets of truth in my notes: things I need to get into my spirit. But the biggest thing that I came away with ... for me...was that I need to quit trying to be Martha, always serving for fear of being judged (boy, is there a long backstory to that! Not going there). I need to let go completely of my fear of the opinions of other people and choose the one thing that is needful...spending time at His feet.

In the Thursday night leaders' meeting, Susan Dyer spoke just a few minutes and had us do a little exercise. First, we prayed for revelation, then we were all instructed to write down what we received in our spirits. She told us we were practicing hearing from God. We shouldn't try to discern who the word was for just yet, but just listen and let God speak.

After we had written, she told us to put a Bible verse with the revelation.

When we were all done, she then told us that she had prayed for each of us to receive a revelation for ourselves...the word we received was for each of us.

I laughed because mine turned out surprisingly apt, but it has a universal application so I'll share it today, since it is nominally Bible study day anyway.

Blessed is the one who waits on Me, who doesn't run ahead.

Waiting is a test.

I will take you all the way to the journey's end in an instant if you wait on me before you start. If you start without me, you will be toiling when you could be resting and you will not get there any sooner.

So wait at the start -- rest and worship. Deepen yourself in Me, drink from the well there. In due season, I will come and take you myself to the destiny you have before you.

Isaiah 46:4 -- Even to your old age and gray hairs, I am He. I am He who will sustain you. I have made you and I will carry you; I will sustain you and I will rescue you.



BTW...the magazine that you see contains 365 scriptures for daily devotions for a year. There are 4 months on Brave, 4 months on Beautiful, 4 months on Bold.... Becoming, we were told, is what we write ourselves. I had to laugh at my teeny little one-day-on-each-word study in comparison!

2 comments:

  1. Oh I wish I lived close enough to have been there! Talk about food to feed your spirit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I SO LOVED that exercise that Susan Dyer did. It blessed my heart!!! SHE Revolution was awesome and I took so much away from it!!! It was GREAT to see all you gals too! I miss seeing yall!!! Hope you have a wonderful weekend!
    Love ya,
    Buffi

    ReplyDelete