Monday, September 8, 2008

Jubilee Monday #8: Retracing my Steps

Trying to remember...how did Jubilee become a Shiny Sink?

Oh, yes, it's because
Jubilee is for Rest
Real Rest is a discipline
I need to discipline my days for disciplined rest
Flylady has great suggestions for discipilining days and
She makes you start with a clean sink....

Anyway, I shined my sink on Labor Day...and it's stayed shiny all week. For me, that's Really Something.

And I *did* sign up for the emails. Day three of the Babysteps list was rather emphatic about signing up for the emails. But she did mention that she had dramatically cut down on the amount of emails that were going out on a daily basis, so I decided to give it a go and signed up for the Daily Digest. I can skim read that in just a couple of minutes, picking out the babysteps that I need to work on and letting the more advanced choreography go right on by.

Right now, I'm thrilled to maintain a clean sink. If I can maintain a clean something, then sooner or later it will spread.

Order will be restored to the house.

And that's a pretty good Jubilee thing. ;)

2 comments:

  1. Yay for you! I was going to suggest the Daily Digest but then decided you would do it when you were ready. As she says, you can delete at will, you are never behind, you can jump in right where you are, and you can do anything FOR 15 minutes. Baby steps! Rest will happen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mother actually had subscribed to the email list several years ago and gave up quickly because she was overwhelmed by the emails...but the digest is easily 'skimmable'; I'll have to make sure she knows it's apparently changed since she last tried it!

    ReplyDelete