Thursday, September 4, 2008

Fruit Inspection

I don't know if I passed or not.

I'm not going into details, because I'm GOING to get over it, but I will just say that sometimes what I think should happen, for one reason or another, doesn't always line up with what someone in authority over me thinks needs to happen.

And, when it comes down to it, I must submit properly to the authority...even if I don't agree.

That is a test. God does this. It's a growth opportunity; He's got it all planned out. The fact that what *I* think should happen has many wonderful reasons why it should happen, has nothing to do with anything. If it was important in the kingdom, God would see that it happened that way. If it doesn't, He will still see that the folks who needed 'my' solution will be taken care of.

The test is whether or not one can submit without complaining or getting a bad attitude.

Now, I did have to tell some people what was happening...plans had to change. But I'm not entirely sure I did it in the correct, uncomplaining spirit. Y'see, it's easy to recognize the morning after that it was a test...and I should not complain.

It's hard to be aware of that in the midst of the struggle.

I'd probably give myself a C+, all things considered. Passing, but with lots of room for improvement....

No comments:

Post a Comment