Friday, September 5, 2008

Flashback Friday #13 - Pass the Tomatoes

Posted by Lisa Laree to Beer Lahai Roi

I found this entry and just had to chuckle. God really is in the little things. It's dated August 18, 2003:

Tuesday, we worked on banners at the church. I'd decided to have BLTS [bacon, lettuce and tomato sandwiches] for supper and planned to stop at the farmer's market on my way home from church for fresh tomatoes. But we worked at church until nearly 2 and I had to get home and eat some lunch before taking [my two youngest kids] to the dentist. So I had to admit that I didn't have time to stop for tomatoes.
"Lord," I prayed as I pulled out of the parking lot, "Could you give us some tomatoes, please?"

When I got home, I called [My Sweet Baboo] to remind him to pick up [the two older kids], and he asked me if I'd gotten any tomatoes. I told him no and explained why.
"Well," he replied, "Somebody brought in tomatoes to give away and I thought I'd get some if you wanted me to."

!!!


Yes, we had BLTS that night! ;) God amazes me.

No comments:

Post a Comment