Monday, August 25, 2008

Jubilee Monday #6: Unfolding Dreams

Last night, our pastor and worship team traveled a bit over an hour to a nearby city to do guest ministry at a church there.

Although this had been planned for some time, it just so happened that yesterday was the first Sunday for their new pastor. And, it just so happened that their new pastor (Pastor Bill) was the first Senior Associate Pastor of our church, where he served for something like 4 years. He left, with the full blessing and love of our congregation, 2 1/2 years ago to take on a new associate/ administrative position in Florida, and, through a series of events and contacts that can only be supernatural ('You couldn't make this stuff up!' he told us), was just called to be the Senior Pastor at the church down the road a piece.

Did we have a celebration last night? You bet.

But what was amazing was this: during the brief message our pastor gave, he mentioned that this represented an unfolding of dreams that had been long laid aside; a returning to the dreams of youth.

As I listened, I thought, 'That sounds like Jubilee.'

Then I remembered that Pastor Bill is six months older than I am. It's *his* Jubilee year, too.

I was greatly encouraged. What God does for one, he will do for another. So now I'm going to think this week about this:

What are the dreams that I've considered unattainable, that I've folded up and put away?

Maybe I should pull them out and dust them off and see what God does with them.

2 comments:

  1. Interesting that you are talking about dreams you thought could never happen. I start College next week (at age 49) to become a Licenced Practical Nurse, something I said I could never do (be a nurse). I also said I could never be an Ambulance attendant either, and spent 3 years doing that too, about 10 years ago. I think the dreams are just so big that `with God`is the only way they can happen. Wonderful, isn`t He!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Age 49...hey, it's your Jubilee year, too.... ;)

    ReplyDelete