Friday, August 8, 2008

Flashback Friday #9 - Take Me Back to the Heart of Worship

posted by Lisa Laree to Beer Lahai Roi

This week's Friday Flashback is dated Jan. 24, 2002, and was written during a ladies' study at church. On this particular day, we were instructed to find a quiet place and just spend some time with God ourselves.

The way out is through. Set your face and keep going; don't give up and don't turn back....

Worship is the key -- Lord, teach me to worship you totally from my heart w/o concern for [what] anyone else [thinks about it]: Worship is the key.

Worship is an automatic response to the presence of God, to His manifestation in my life. The sacrifice of praise is worship when I do NOT sense the presence of God. Lord, move my heart to worship even in those times when I don't sense You and don't understand what is going on [in my life].


I'm not sure if that's when the concept of 'the sacrifice of praise' begin to form itself in my spirit or not; but I know that somewhere along the line I have come to the conclusion that the sacrifice of praise is what we do when life is throwing curve balls...or daggers...at us; we're taking hits and we don't understand why and God seems either unconcerned or uninvolved with us. It's easy to praise God when things are fine, but when things are the farthest from fine is when it is a sacrifice to put worship in one's mouth and command one's soul to bless the Lord. That is praise that is a decision, not a response.

I'm currently reading in Psalms, and I'm finding David does this over and over...he lists the opposition in his life, then commands his soul to praise God.

It is the only way out...it is the way through. Worship.

No comments:

Post a Comment