Friday, August 22, 2008

Flashback Friday #11 - Thirsty

Posted by Lisa Laree to Beer Lahai Roi

Here's an entry dated April 7, 2003:
For seeking God in a dry place, read Psalms 42 & 43. The whole cry of the desperate heart is there. Two verses in particular stand out to me:
"My soul thirsts for God, for the living God. When can I go and meet with God?... send forth your light and your truth, let them guide me; let them bring me to your holy mountain, to the place where you dwell. Then I will go to the altar of my God, to God, my joy and my delight. I will praise you with the harp, o God, my God." (Ps. 42:2, 43:3-4)


"When can I go and meet with God?"

Boy, isn't that still true for me today? But it is reassuring to know that God will draw me with truth and light to the time and place where I can meet with Him...I don't have to flounder around trying to figure it out for myself.

All I really need to do is look for His Light, listen for His truth...and respond.

Aye, there's the rub. I must respond. Immediately.

Not after I finish (whatever) or postpone it to a more convenient time.

I think that's the price that those who truly know God and walk with Him pay. That's where we really lay down our will for His. Look, listen, and respond.

The spring will not refresh the thirsty if the thirsty do not turn aside and drink from it.

Man, am I ever stomping on my own toes this morning!

Ow!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, our lives are running very similarly this summer! I have spent time being reminded of the need to slow down and rest, being reminded that I am not spending enough time seeking God amidst all the "distractions" that "find" me, and trying to muddle through the next ministry assignment I'm presented with. (The newest assignment has to do with liberating justice.) Whew! Then I come and read your blog and am uplifted. Always a little nugget that feeds me.



    Thank you.

    ReplyDelete