Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Ruth Recap

Posted by Lisa Laree to Beer Lahai Roi

In case you missed anything, here's the whole study linked up:

Ruth: A Blogged Bible Study
Beerlahairoi.blogspot.com

Syllabus

5/20/08 Introduction

5/27/08 Chapter 1: Losses and Gains

6/3/08 Chapter 2: Gleaning

6/10/08 Chapter 3: Redemption Requested

6/17/08 Chapter 4: Redemption Manifested


I guess I'm still adjusting to a different corner of the blogsphere; I've got something like 100 folks a day who stop by the sewing blog...this one averages 5. So I really shouldn't expect a lot of interaction/comments/ etc over here. But I will admit that I was hoping to have some discussion of the lessons as I posted them...maybe I need to rethink what I've done here.


Blog sphere experts tell us that folks will only really read about 2 paragraphs...if they're short...of a blog post. Folks don't like scrolling.

It's hard to write anything meaningful in one screen.

I don't want to sound whiney...that's not my intention. I really want to post useful stuff. It might just be a while before enough folks find their way over here to develop a real community discussion; and it could be that I end up writing mostly for folks who know me IRL, since I've got (I hope!) some measure of credibility with them. So please don't misunderstand; this is not just a shill for comments: I really want to know:

Did/how did the study of Ruth impact your life?

I know I saw a real passion for the inheritance that hadn't registered with me before. I guess it's because this has been taught almost allegorically...the Kinsman-Redemmer thing being a picture of Christ. And it is. But when I really looked at the people, and what they were experiencing, i just saw...people who cared about what they were responsible for. Who took their responsibilities more seriously than they took their personal happiness. Who had the ability to think of being part of something bigger than themselves. And it challenged me.

So...if you've got a minute, share an insight you got from looking at Ruth, if you please! ;)

There won't be a Bible-study post for a couple of weeks; we've got some travel coming up and I don't think I'll be able to get anything put together. Meantime, I'll pray over what to do next....

Thanks, to all those who made this journey with me! (Even if you didn't have a comment!) I'm just grateful that you stopped by!

No comments:

Post a Comment