Friday, June 20, 2008

Flashback Friday #6: A Reminder

posted by Lisa Laree to Beer Lahai Roi

We're home from the statewide Teen Girls Ministry retreat...I'm a little tired, and a little crisp (I didn't know I'd be standing in the sun playing photographer as long as I did...), but weary in a good way. It was a real ministry to the girls (we took 10); it is so worth it.

But I still felt like I wanted to do the Friday Flashback post nonetheless, so I picked up a random journal and started hunting. And what caught my eye was this, dated Oct. 13,2004, when I was in a place of needing to know we were not forgotten...

I picked up my Bible, which was opened to Esther, as I had been reading there earlier. My eyes fell upon the phrase, "This is what is done for the man the king delights to honor!" I was reminded that this honor came [a good while] after Mordecai had given the honorable service, and I felt the Holy Spirit's nudge that 'though the seed seems forgotten and the promise tarries, it will come at the most appropriate time.'

Thanks, God, for lots of reasons, I needed that right now...

No comments:

Post a Comment