Monday, May 5, 2008

Looking for the Stepping Stones

Posted by Lisa Laree to Beer Lahai Roi

I suppose once I get back into the blogging habit, I'll have a rhythm and a meter to what I'm posting, but right now I feel like I'm crossing the creek and I'm not sure where the stepping stones are. What is my next step here? Will it be right, or will I take an embarrassing tumble?

You can only stand on one stone for so long before you have to make an attempt to find the next one.

Several years ago (maybe 10? 15?) I had a real stirring in my spirit to write. The problem was I couldn't find anything to write about; only a few strange things presented themselves to my conscious creativity. One was the Apple Tree parable, posted here last week; some others I've posted on the Sewing Blog at various times (Literary Efforts on Sew Random, if you're curious and missed them the first time around). But no real vision of writing.

Maybe it's just because I didn't *make* myself write. I waited until something was burning in my spirit before I tried to write it down. I waited until I felt like I had something to say.

Most of the time, I felt like I had 'almost ideas' somewhere in my brain; trying to pen them down was very much like trying to find the mosquito in the bedroom at night. Y'know: it drives you nuts until you turn on the light and try to find the little pest...and it utterly disappears.

I was bemoaning this in my prayers one day, and actually heard an answer, 'When the time is right to write, I will give you what you need.'

So I let it go, waiting.

If I had thought back then (way before we had Internet access at home...) I'd be blogging away for folks who'd never met me, I'd've been shocked. I thought the sewing blog was the sort of fulfillment of that, and I suppose it was to a certain degree, but this...this is much closer.

And I don't want to mess it up.

So, for the hardy souls who are hanging with me here in the beginning...thanks!

Now, where is that next rock?

2 comments:

  1. I have a confession to make - I have so enjoyed the few posts that I had read on your blog that I decided to go back and start at the very beginning and I have to tell you - I am loving it!!! You are inspiring and encouraging things that have been laying dormant and waiting for the light to reach them to wake them.....I for one can't wait to see where you go with this my friend - wherever you go - I'm hooked count me in for the journey ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, Leisha, you made my eyes spring a leak... ;)

    thanks for the encouragement!!!

    ReplyDelete