Friday, May 16, 2008

Flashback Friday # 1: Breaking

Posted by Lisa Laree to Beer Lahai Roi

A number of my sewing buddy friends do what they call 'Flashback Friday' posts, in which they post a years-old photo either showing something they made, something a relative made, or just something that's interesting because of the clothing style or hair do.

I thought I'd do a little different version of 'Flashback Friday'. I've been journaling (albeit sporadically) for over 20 years; long enough that when reading old journal posts they frequently hit me as if someone else wrote them; it's been so long, I forgot! Sometimes those old posts really strike something and I need to kind of go back and look at those revelations.

So, today I'll start my own version of 'Flashback Friday'...a snippet from old journals.

I'll start with the journal entry that I happened to re-read a couple of days ago that was the inspiration for the series; it was the first entry in a new journal and it's dated only '2-25'. It was either 2003 or 2004; I'm not sure which (this particular journal was one I carried to early morning prayer meetings and recorded things that came to me there; it wasn't a daily-entry type journal).

It is not enough for self to be broken; there are specific places that must be broken; precise locations in that wall that must be breached. Breaking can happen, but total yielding doesn't happen until all the fortified strongholds of the flesh are broken. So long as one part remains intact, it is a barrier to the flow of the Spirit in that place.

The first step to breaking down these places is to stop reinforcing them. But be encouraged: a wall that is breached in any place is therefore easier to bring down anywhere else. It only takes a trickle of water through the dam to eventually wash it all away, so long as no reinforcements are brought in. Let the Spirit do His work: cooperate, don't resist or even just put it off. Put on the Spirit at the moment He speaks.

No comments:

Post a Comment