Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Disclaimer

I suppose I really ought to make a point to say this...

There are some really, really great blogs out there (I will get links posted to more once I get a chance to consider them all better). Many are written by women who are real Bible scholars; who are researching things and posting very deep-delving Bible studies. They're profound and detailed and highly informative.

This ain't gonna be like that.

The Bible is an incredible book; no matter how deep you dig you will find gold. And I know that there are folks who are really deep-diggers; but I really want to inspire folks who are intimidated by the idea of Bible study. Those are the folks I am really writing to. The deep-digging ladies are motivated; the intimidated ones are, well, intimidated. And probably feeling guilty because they *know* they should be studying, but they're overwhelmed by The Book and the Attitudes About The Book and they don't know where to start.

So my 'Bible Studies' aren't likely to be really deep. I may look at things a little differently than the Sunday School quarterly ever did, but it's still going to be basically what can be found in the text itself.

Mostly, I'd just like to encourage everyone to start. Somewhere in the Bible; doesn't matter where. See something...anything...for yourself. Write it down. You're on your way.

It doesn't matter how deep or profound it is; it will be what the Holy Spirit knows you need at that moment. Don't let the Enemy put condemnation on you because it's not what anyone else sees.

Sure, I'll be sharing what I find in these things, but it's meant to be a demonstration of what is there to find, not the Last Word on the Meaning of the Passage, so I hope folks will make use of the comments to share what they've found in the passage, too.

That way we'll all benefit.

No comments:

Post a Comment