Sunday, May 11, 2008

We're Loved

Posted by Lisa Laree to Beer Lahai Roi

We learned a new song for worship this morning. If I were not so sleep deprived (we had severe storms in our area overnight; I got about 2 1/2 hours of sleep last night...), I might even be able to recollect the lyrics. All I can remember now is that it was a song expressing amazement at how much God loves us.

But I do remember that, as we were singing, it hit me that that really is a concept unique to the Judaeo/Christian world view. I don't know of any other religion that is based on the foundation of God who loves.

He loves us so much that he himself made the sacrifice required to restore us to himself. Other religions require humans to make sacrifices to appease the deity; Christianity believes that God made the sacrifice in order to restore what humans broke. It's staggering...and it's unique.

It is certainly a rock on which to build a life of faith.

1 comment: